It is with excitement that we announce the release of our brand new subscription package, Yola Silver. In this post I will outline the features included in the package, and then explain how our existing customers can take advantage of special Yola deals to upgrade to Yola Silver.
What’s in Yola Silver?
Yola Silver replaces our existing subscription package, Yola Pro. It includes all the great features of Yola Pro, plus some great additions, all at the same price of $49.95/year – that works out to about $4.16/month. Yola Silver includes the following features:
- A credit for a custom domain name so that you can own your own piece of the web (value $19.95 / year)
- Private registration for your custom domain name (optional – value $9.95 / year)
- A credit for a Premium Style to help your website stand out
- Yola Link Removal — the Yola link at the bottom of free styles removed from all your sites
- Create up to 25 sites, get 5 GB of storage per site, and upload files of up to 100MB
- Plus some one-time bonuses:
What’s new in Yola Silver?
Let me call out some of the new features we are in including in Yola Silver:
- Credit for a custom domain name + private registration. You can now get a custom domain name as part of Yola Silver – no need to buy a domain separately any more. This means that you pay one low yearly price for all these features, without having to renew your domain separately.
- What if you have an existing domain? Well, then you can use your Yola Silver domain credit to extend your existing Yola domain for the period you buy Yola Silver for. We’ll associate your existing Yola domain with your Silver account so that you only have one renewal to remember and pay every year.
- HP Logomaker credit. Having a logo for your business further helps you to stand out from the crowd. With this $50 credit and our partnership with HP you’re able to easily create a unique logo for your business. You can use this on your website, letterheads, business cards… anywhere you need to build up brand recognition!
- Fotolia stock photography credits. With this release we are also changing our stock photography provider to Fotolia, and we think you’re going to like this change. We now give you 10 credits, so you can get more images than in the past. Fotolia credits are also cheaper than our previous provider, so you can get more stock images for fewer credits.
What about existing customers?
For our existing paying customers who wonder how this is going to affect them, don’t fear – you’re in for a treat!
- Existing Yola Pro users. Existing Yola Pro users will be upgraded to Yola Silver automatically, and at no extra cost. But that’s not all. To say thank you for being such loyal customers, we are giving you a 1-year domain credit immediately – again, at no extra cost to you. You can use this credit to get a custom domain for your site, or to extend your existing Yola domain by 1 year. (Yes, really – at no extra cost to you!)
- Existing Custom Domain / Premium Style / Yola Link Removal customers. If you have bought a domain name, a premium style, or link removal from us in the past, congratulations! You are now a Yola Bronze user! To thank you for your business, our Yola Bronze customers will be able to upgrade to Yola Silver at a special discount of 30% of the regular price for the first year. This brings your cost to upgrade to Yola Silver to only $34.95 for the first year!
- Existing Yola Link Removal customers. As part of the release of Yola Silver, we are no longer going to sell Yola Link Removal as an a-la-carte option. From now on, if users want to remove the Yola link from their pages, they will have to upgrade to Yola Silver (and get all the great features that come with it!). But what about those of you who have purchase Yola Link Removal from us before? Don’t worry – you’re safe. You will continue to have the link removed from all pages at no extra yearly cost.
And that’s about it from me. If you have questions or comments about Yola Silver, please let us know below, or head over to our community forum where our wonderful support team will answer your questions in no time.
We hope you enjoy Yola Silver. Why not check it out now?
Rian van der Merwe
Sr. Product Manager