It’s springtime! This means time for snowmelt and sunshine and website cleaning. That’s right. Get ready to welcome new business by cleaning out any old or outdated information on your site. Here’s a comprehensive checklist on a few quick website fixes that will add more value to your business.
News, events and calendars
When was the last time you updated your news page? Is the copyright date in the footer the right year? Check off a few of these items to freshen up your site:
- Update the copyright date in your footer.
- Add new events or remove old ones.
- Update key stats and figures on your About page.
- Make sure the information on your bio and Contact page is correct.
Show off your new content
- Check your website analytics and determine which pages are most visited.
- Consider areas where you can add in links to other pages or even place a button.
- Review key pages to see if the content is up-to-date and accurate.
- Update your images or add in a video.
- Re-read your pages and write down ideas for blog posts.
- Create a content calendar for your website and social media channels.
Does it still work?
- Check your forms to see if the submissions email to the correct address.
- Revisit and revise any form fields to see if they are still relevant and necessary.
- Make sure your blog content and website is shareable – the social links are working.
- Check to see that your links are all working correctly.
Search engine optimization
- Check your keywords and traffic.
- Add and write a few more pages using 1-2 of your top keywords.
- Make sure you’ve added keywords and Metadata to each of your pages.
- Scan your site for any other SEO errors that you’ve missed.
- Check if your images and videos have links and or alternative text.
- Consider a custom domain and professional email address.
We hope this list helps you with a fresh perspective on your website. Sometimes, the little things count and can make a big difference for your website and your business.