Today we released a brand new version of My Yola (the page you see when you log in to Yola) as a Beta feature to a small percentage of our users. We are incredibly excited about the changes, and I’m going to spend some time going through them, but first, just a couple of important notes:
- It’s not perfect yet, but we wanted to make you part of the process, so we released it as a Beta feature which basically means we want you to help us make it better before we roll it out to all users.
- This is a slow roll-out, meaning you might not be in our random group of users who see the new layout when you log in. Please be patient — we want to make sure we get this right so we’re not going to make it live to 100% of users for a little while.
Now, on to the good stuff, an overview of the new My Yola Dashboard. Below is a picture of what it looks like:
Here are some highlights I wanted to point out:
- Above all, you’ll notice that the new My Yola is about you, and how to make your website better. We’ve spent a lot of time talking to users and we now know you want us to help you to build the best-looking website for your business, to get found on search engines like Google, and to communicate with your visitors in a meaningful way. So we created a guide with detailed steps to get you where you need to be, and lots of tutorials and tips on how to make your website better.
- The top of the page helps you focus on one thing you can do right now to make your site better — that will change as you complete the different steps.
- We also know how important it is for you to know the status of your website – is it published? Have I made changes that aren’t live yet? What is my domain name? The top part of the page is devoted to showing you this information clearly so you can get on with what’s most important — making your site better.
- As you can see below, the bottom of the page is filled with more tutorials, the latest Yola news, and an easy way to get answers to your questions.
There is much more, but this is where we need you to try it out yourself… And don’t forget to send us your feedback and let us know how we can make it better!
Rian van der Merwe
Product Manager for My Yola