We are thrilled to announce we have just released an upgraded version of our Sitebuilder!
We have developed some exciting new features and made some improvements to the way the Sitebuilder looks. You have all been eagerly awaiting many of the features in this release, including the new CSS editor and the ability to make site-wide changes for tracking code, favicons etc.
The Properties sidebar has been removed completely and the main menu has been re-ordered. Everything you used to be able to do in the Properties sidebar can now be found either under “Site Properties,” “Page Properties” or the “Edit” link found on individual widgets. Our aim is to make site building simpler and more logical and to this end user testing demonstrated that we needed a more logical grouping of widget, page and site-level actions. We also noticed that many people didn’t understand how to use the Properties sidebar and, as a result, were losing out on many important site building functions.
As with any change we realize that there will be a bit of a learning curve for existing Yola users, and this may be a little frustrating until you figure out where everything has moved to. Please bear with us and give the improvements a fair chance. With all the new control and ease of use, we are sure that you will like it! Here are a few screenshots of what we have just released!
|We removed the Properties sidebar.
Instead you’ll now open the Page properties window shown here.
You can click on “Page Properties” to edit your page heading and add window title, keywords and description.
|We incorporated a Site menu and properties.
|New CSS editor:
- On the Style drop-down menu, select “Edit Custom CSS”.
- The Site CSS dialog box will open up with the Site CSS Override on the left-hand side. On the right-hand side, you’ll see a Preview tab (for viewing changes), Site CSS (to see the default CSS codes used) and the Site HTML (to see the default HTML codes used).
- Navigate to the “Site CSS” tab and locate the code you wish to alter. Copy that section of code and paste into the Site CSS Override on the left-hand side.
- Make your adjustments as needed.
- At the bottom of your dialog box, uncheck the “Disable Site CSS Overrides”.
- Click on the “Preview” tab to see the changes.
- Once you’ve finished making all the tweaks, then click on “OK”. You will now see your changes applied to all pages in your Sitebuilder.
The Site CSS feature is only available with the Yola Silver package. This feature is best for advanced users who are comfortable with using HTML codes. Yola will only provide basic assistance with this.
We hope you will enjoy the new features, and the new-look Sitebuilder. To take full advantage of all the new functionality, upgrade to Yola Silver now!