We want to take a moment to appreciate the extraordinary characteristics of small business professionals. Here are the top 10 reasons why we LOVE small businesses!
- You are brave! “Whenever you see a successful business, someone once made a courageous decision.” -Peter Drucker
- You are entrepreneurial. That spirit is exciting and contagious!
- You are community driven. The big players don’t get involved in the local community the way you do. You sponsor races, volunteer, give time and resources, and so much more to make our communities better.
- You care about relationships. You don’t hide behind a board of directors or a big name CEO, you are the face of the business and you care about your customers.
- You are unique. No two small business models are the same and you each stand out in your own awesome way.
- You create jobs. Almost 99% of the jobs in the US are created by small businesses (IndependentWeStand.gov)!
- You are invested. Every customer matters to you and you do what it takes to keep them happy and keep your business successful.
- You love to learn. We all know you wouldn’t be where you are today without constantly listening and learning.
- You are well-rounded. As a small business you wear many hats and as a result you become experts in all aspects of a successful business.
- You take risks and occasionally stand alone. Well, hopefully not entirely alone, but you definitely have to be willing and able to maintain your decisions and risks on your own two feet.
Now tell us, why do you love small businesses?
– Audrey Howes manages Social Media and special projects for Swiftpage (www.swiftpage.com), a leading provider of digital marketing and CRM solutions that help businesses grow. You can reach Audrey at email@example.com.