So here’s the sitch. With all of this talk about business branding and custom email addresses to stay fresh in the eyes of your audience, you’ve decided to take the plunge and buy a custom .COM domain name. In addition, you’ve decided to optimize your site for local business purchased the same domain with your local country extension (.ca, .co.uk, .com.br, etc.).
After you buy domain names, hit publish, and voila! Your .COM domain is up and ready for business.
Now, how do you add your local domain to your website to make it reflect as well? We have all of the details to get your business up and running with your local domain.
Once you’ve purchase your domain, you will need to show My Yola which site you’d like it to be published to. Here’s how:
- Go to your My Yola Dashboard.
- Select “Domain Settings” from the website of your choice.
- Within your settings, find “Add an existing domain,” select your local URL from the drop-down menu and click “Add.”
- Next choose a domain name that you’d like to have as your primary web address – this is what your URL will default to when visitors reach your website.
*Pro tip: While you’re in these settings, feel free to change your display options to include “www” before your domain name.
- Type in your local domain in your browser tab, and watch your website appear before your eyes, defaulting to the URL of your choice.
And there you have it! Want your tip featured within our 5-Minute Website Fix series? Feel free to add them to the comments below!