Online Store: Getting Started
Once you have signed up for the Online Store, the Online Store Wizard will take you through the basic set-up of establishing your store.
The basic setup consists of six steps:
- Adding products
- Verifying Geo settings
- Configuring your shipping
- Setting up your payment methods
- Placing a test order
- Sharing your store
2. On the product set dialog box, you can do the following:
- Upload your product image
- Add your product name
- Enter your price
3. If you need to add additional products, click Add more. Once you've done uploading your products, you can click Save.
You can edit the product’s category, options, images, tax and shipping information at a later stage.
1. Click the Customize your store for your local market icon.
2. On the "Verify your geographic settings" page, if the country and currency displayed is already correct, you can click Proceed to the next step.
3. If you need to make changes to this page, click Edit and then Save.
4. You will be taken to a page to set up your company info.
5. Click Save and you'll see a green check mark verifying you've completed this step.
1. Click Setup Shipping.
2. You can determine if you require shipping or not. For this tutorial, we will say that we do want to set up shipping. Click Setup shipping.
3. Depending on your country's location, the shipping dialog box will list a few default shipping methods. For the United States, it will display the following:
- Custom flat rates
4. We're going to select Set custom flat rates.
5. You can set up a flat rate shipping fee based on these general regions:
- The World
- United States
- US & Canada
- Europe (EC)
Advanced custom flat rates:
Should you require more options and flexibility, you can click Advanced shipping options. Click Custom Rates. There are three different shipping calculations available:
- Flat rate: Set a flat shipping rate, or specify free shipping.
- Custom table: Customize your shipping costs by weight, number of items or cart total.
- Carrier-calculated: Automatically calculate costs based on carrier rate tables.
Shipping costs are generally calculated on weight and distance, so if you are selling a tangible product it is important to configure your product weight correctly. This will ensure you receive the correct carrier-estimated cost of delivery.
1. Click Set up payment options.
2. The Online Store will have two default methods:
1. Click Place test order.
2. Select the product that you wish to test and click Place test order. You'll be taken through the process of ordering your item and experience what your customers will go through. This is an excellent time to ensure that all the details for your item are displaying the correct information.
1. Click Your Store is Open.
2. You can share the news on FB, Twitter or email a link to your store.
Congratulations on setting up your store! If you're looking for more tutorials, please visit our Online Store tutorials.