Online Store: Categories and multiple stores
Setting up categories
Categories are a great way to manage and arrange your products. They also make it easier for customers to navigate your site, and find the products they want.
1. Log into My Yola and click on "Edit this site"
2. In the Site Builder, select the Online Store tab.
3. Click on Categories.
4. Click "New root category" to set up your main category (e.g., "Coffee Beans")
5. You can also add a subcategory, e.g., "Medium Roast Coffee Beans"
6. While you are setting your categories up, they are displayed in the left-hand side of the dialog box.
7. Once you have created your categories, click on "Category products".
8. Click "Add Products"
9. Select the appropriate products from the list.
10. Click "Add Products"
11. When you're finished, click "Save" in the top-right corner.
Categories are also helpful if you plan to use your Online Store on more than one website, because you can select which categories to display on your site. In this way, you can offer different products on each of your sites while maintaining a single database of products.
Once you've set up your categories, you can add the Online Store Widget to your other sites. To select which category you'd like to have displayed on the site, follow these steps:
1. Drag and drop the Online Store widget onto your page.
2. Hover your mouse over the widget and click "Edit" in the top-left corner.
3. Click on the drop-down menu under "Categories to show."
4. Select the category you'd like to have displayed.
5. You can also choose your product layout, and number of products displayed per page.
Managing your store is done via the Online Store Tab in the SiteBuilder. This control panel gives you access to advanced settings, quick links for editing shipping, products and taxes, and visual representations of your customers' orders.
Managing your store
You can also remove products and create new ones, to ensure that your customers always have access to your newest stock.
Please note: using categories to create separate stores is a workaround. On the back end, it is one store and currently it is only possible to have one store per Yola account. If you need a completely separate store you need to create a new account. Please contact support if you need assistance with this.