Yola Forms: Adding a Captcha
A CAPTCHA is a type of challenge-response test as an attempt to ensure that the response is generated by a person. A common type of CAPTCHA requires the user to type letters or digits from a distorted image that appears on the screen.
The Yola form i comes with a built-in CAPTCHA, and it helps ensure that your form can't be submitted unless the CAPTCHA is entered. Should a visitor not enter the CAPTCHA words, the form post will fail.
The CAPTCHA is added to your form automatically, and you can add it to an existing form. Here's how to:
- Click on "Edit" on the top left of the Form Widget.
A dialog box will open, in the "Edit" tab:
- To remove a field, hover over the field and click on the red "X".
- To add a new field, scroll down to the bottom of the dialog box and click on "Add new field". You will be able to choose the type of field you would like to add to your form.
- Scroll all the way down on the drop down menu from "Add new field" and select "Spam Protector (Captcha)".
- Click "Save" and remember to click on "Publish" to update your site.