Verifying Contact Information for ICANN Validation
As of January 7, 2014, domain registrant contact details will require validation for the following scenarios:
- If you have purchased a new domain name.
- If you have elected to transfer a domain.
- If you have updated the registrant contact details associated with that domain.
- If any messages sent to the contact details has been bounced back.
To help you avoid this from happening, please follow the steps below. You will receive a validation email similar to the one listed below. This will arrive at the email address used to register your domain. In your email, you want to click on the link as shown on the screenshot below to validate your domain.
If you have not received a validation email, simply update your domain’s registration details, and a new email will be sent. Please follow these details to update your domain registrant details:
1. Log in to My Yola account and click on "Domains".
2. Next to the domain for which you wish to update the details, click "Advanced settings".
3. Make sure you have selected the correct domain from the drop-down list on the right-hand side and click on "Edit your domain registration info".
4. Edit your details and click on "Update details".
That's it! You should be good to go. For more information on how the recent ICANN changes affect your website, please visit our Blog.