Verifying contact information for ICANN validationThe controlling body for domain names - ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) has a domain validation process.
Domain registrant contact details will require validation for the following scenarios:
- If you have purchased a new domain name.
- If you have elected to transfer a domain.
- If you have updated the registrant contact details associated with that domain.
- If any messages sent to the contact details have been bounced back.
To help you avoid this from happening, please follow the steps below. You will receive a validation email similar to the one listed below. This will arrive at the email address used to register your domain. In your email, you want to click on the link as shown on the screenshot below to validate your domain.
If you have not received a validation email, simply update your domain’s registration details, and a new email will be sent. Please follow these details to update your domain registrant details:
1. Log in to My Yola account and click on "Domains".
2. Next to the domain for which you wish to update the details, click "Advanced settings".
3. Make sure you have selected the correct domain from the drop-down list on the right-hand side and click on "Edit your domain registration info".
4. Edit your details and click on "Update details".
You will now have entered into what is known as the ICANN Trade process. To complete this, please follow these next few steps:
- You will receive an approval email at both the OLD and NEW email address. You need to confirm the ICANN trade at BOTH email addresses.
- Once confirmed, the transfer will be successful and your domain will be verified.
If you DO NOT have access to the old email address:
- Please send us a mobile number where we can send you an SMS verification link.
- Click on the link in the text message.
- This will approve the ICANN trade. Your domain name will also be verified and set to active.
Please note that, if the validation has not been done, your domain will be suspended within 15 days of the email date. The suspension is not processed at Yola, so we do not have control over it. Should your domain become suspended due to failure to comply with this request, you will have to start a process to retrieve it.
Please complete the validation process as quickly as possible.