Tutorial: Using the Tumblr Widget
Yola has integrated Tumblr into the Sitebuilder! So, if you're currently blogging on Tumblr, you can now integrate your Tumblelog into your Yola site with our easy-to-use widget.
What is Tumblr?
Tumblr is a blog hosting platform, that allows you to post text, images, videos, links, quotes and audio to your Tumblelog. Tumblr is quick to set up and easy to use. You choose to make your tumblelog private, or follow other users.
If you are running a small business, you'll know that blogging is a great way to get better rankings in the search engines, and keep your visitors, and clients, up to date with your new products! If you haven’t started blogging on Tumblr, being able to seamlessly integrate Tumblr into your Yola site it a great reason to start—especially since research shows that a business blog can help you:
- Build community and expand your reach to current and new customers.
- Connect with a wider audience and share your expertise.
- Raise your SEO ranking so more potential customers see your site.
How does the Tumblr Widget benefit me?
The new Tumblr widget makes it easy to add these great new features to your site:
- Visitors can page through every blog post you’ve written.
- Your site instantly updates each time you post to your Tumblr blog.
- Three design style choices to work with your site’s look and feel.
- Your Tumblr image and video sizes are automatically configured to fit the dimensions of your Yola site.
How do I use Tumblr on my Yola site?
- Click on Widgets > Media.
- Drag and drop the Tumblr Blog Widget onto your site.
Sign in using your Tumble credentials.
- Don't have a Tumblr account yet? You can sign up via the widget in two easy steps.
- Your Tumblr feed (every single post) will be seamlessly integrated into your website.
It is important to note that if you have Yola blog posts, they won't be integrated into your Tumblr feed, and can't be imported into your Tumblr account. However, it is possible to copy and paste the content from your Yola blog into your Tumblr feed. You can then start blogging exclusively with Tumblr and have all your content in the same place! You won't be able to edit your posts through the Tumblr Widget, but updating them in your Tumblr account will update them instantly on your Yola site.