Tutorial: Using the Tumblr Widget
Yola has integrated Tumblr into the Sitebuilder! So, if you're currently blogging on Tumblr, you can now integrate your Tumblr posts into your Yola site with our easy-to-use widget.
What is Tumblr?
Tumblr is a blog hosting platform, that allows you to post text, images, videos, links, quotes and audio to your blog posts. Tumblr is quick to set up and easy to use. You choose to make your blog posts private, or follow other users.
If you are running a small business, you'll know that blogging is a great way to get better rankings in the search engines. It also keeps your visitors and clients, up to date with your new products! If you haven’t started blogging on Tumblr, being able to seamlessly integrate Tumblr into your Yola site gives you a great reason to start—especially since research shows that a business blog can help you:
- Build community and expand your reach to current and new customers.
- Connect with a wider audience and share your expertise.
- Raise your SEO ranking so more potential customers see your site.
How does the Tumblr widget benefit me?
The Tumblr widget makes it easy to add these great new features to your site:
- Visitors can page through every blog post you’ve written.
- Your site instantly updates each time you post to your Tumblr blog.
- Three design style choices to work with your site’s look and feel.
- Your Tumblr image and video sizes are automatically configured to fit the dimensions of your Yola site.
How do I use Tumblr on my Yola site?1. Click Widgets and select Media from the drop down menu.
2. Drag and drop the Tumblr widget onto your site.
3. Sign in using your Tumble credentials.
4. Don't have a Tumblr account yet? You can sign up via the widget in two easy steps.
5. Your Tumblr feed (every single post) will be seamlessly integrated into your website.
Please note: You won't be able to edit your posts through the Tumblr widget, but updating them in your Tumblr account will update them instantly on your Yola site. Also, Tumblr's comments will not pull through to your site. If you're in need of a comment box, we suggest using Disqus.