Tutorial: Using the Gallery widget
The Gallery widget is a great way to quickly add large collections of photos to your Yola site that looks professional and sharp.
With the Gallery widget, you no longer have to drag and drop individual photos and resize them on your site, or use a third party application to create a picture gallery. You create your entire gallery in one widget, filling it with as many pictures as you’d like. With a few clicks of your mouse, an easy-to-navigate thumbnail gallery is saved to your page!
You can use the Gallery widget to:
- Create a simple, elegant photo gallery quickly.
- Add large sets of photos to your site in batches, rather than dragging and dropping pictures individually.
- Allow visitors to see your images as easily as possible.
- Add hover text to your images to identify people, products, or processes (captions appear when your visitor’s cursor hovers over the photo).
- Edit, reorder, add or remove pictures from your gallery, quickly and easily.
- Choose from four great presentation styles to custom-fit your site’s design.
Setting up your Gallery:1. Go to Widgets.
2. On the drop-down menu, select Popular.
3. Drag and drop a Gallery widget onto your page.
4. Upload a new image, or browse through the uploaded files in your File Manager.
- To upload a new image: Click Upload New Images. You will be able to browse your computer's folders to select a file to upload. Select the file, click Open and it will automatically be uploaded to your gallery.
- To add images from your File Manager: Click Browse Uploaded Images and select the image from the File Manager. Click on the uploaded picture file you want to add, click OK and the picture will be added to your gallery.
- To upload multiple pictures at the same time: Hold down "ctrl" (for PC users) or the "cmd" key (for Mac users), click on all the pictures you would like to upload. Click Select in the bottom right corner to upload the images.
Once your gallery has been set up, you can add more pictures, edit the style and add hover captions.
Editing your Gallery: Hover Text and Styles:
1. Click Edit in the top left corner of the Gallery widget to customize your gallery.
2. On the right side of the dialogue box, you can add and edit the caption hover text.
3. On the left hand side, you can change the style of your Gallery widget.
4. To preview your style before you save the changes, click Preview.
5. You can also edit the margins of your Gallery widget, by clicking Edit, under the word "Margin" on the left hand side of the dialogue box.
To preview your gallery on your site, click Preview. In this mode, you can view your gallery and test what your pictures look like when you click on the thumbnails.