Search Box - site search and Google search
It is possible to add a Google search box that will search just your own site, or will search all of Google. Below are two suggestions for site search features.
You can use a free site search service called siteLevel:
This will search the pages of your site.
- Go to siteLevel.com.
- Fill in your email address and domain name and click Sign Up.
- In the Sitebuilder, drag and drop the HTML Code Widget onto your page (the icon for this is a blue sphere).
- Paste the code into the HTML Editor and click "Save".
- Save and preview your page to view the search box.
You can also add a search box to search Google:
This widget will search Google.
- Drag and drop the Google Gadgets Widget onto your page (you can find it in Widgets > More > Misc).
- A dialog box will open.
- Click on "Google Gadgets" at the bottom-right of the box, to open the Google Gadgets page in a new tab.
- In the search field, type in "site search".
- Select the search widget you'd like to use and click on "Add to your webpage".
- Customize the widget as required and then click "Get the code".
- Drag and drop a Google Gadgets onto your page.
- Paste the code into the space provided.
- Save and preview your page to view the widget.