Links that redirect when you click on the menu tab
It is possible to cause your menu link to redirect to an external URL if you are prepared to write a little bit of custom HTML. However, you should be aware that this practice is frowned upon by web developers. You are essentially taking over the control of your visitor's browser and telling it what to do, and many people may not appreciate this.
If you decide that you have a strong and justified reason for making one of your pages redirect to a different site, here's what you need to do:
- Create a new page (you can add some text with the link if you would like to).
- Drag and drop an HTML widget onto your page.
- Paste this tag into the HTML Editor: <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="2; url=http://webdesign.about.com">.
- The "2" is how many seconds it waits before it redirects (you can change this number).
- The "url" is the URL it redirects to, so replace the URL in the above tag with the one for the site you want to link to.
- Click Save.