How do I find out how many visitors I have had on my site?
Why should you add site analytics? A lot of people want to know how many people have been onto their site and tend to use hit counters. The information provided can be quite limited, and isn't as accurate as using analytics for your site.
Yola has a Site Traffic feature that allows you to view the amount of traffic your site is getting. In order to see this feature, log into your Yola account. Once you're logged in, click on "Site Traffic" on the left hand side.
If you have a Yola Free or Yola Bronze account, you will be able to view the total number of visits over the past 7 days. If you have a Yola Silver or Yola Gold account, you will be able to view the total number of visits and unique visitors by day over the last 30 days.
If you decide that you would rather add a hit counter, you can get a hit counter on your site by using the Google Gadgets Widget, then follow these steps:
- Drag and drop the Google Gadgets Widget onto your page (you can find it in Widgets > More > Misc).
- A dialog box will open.
- Click on "Google Gadgets" at the bottom-right of the box, to open the Google Gadgets page in a new tab.
- Click on the category you'd like or use the search field if you would like to see more options.
- Choose the widget you would like to use on your site and click on "Add to your webpage".
- Customize the settings as required.
- Click on "Get the Code" button.
- Copy the generated HTML code.
- Go back to the Sitebuilder and paste the code in the field provided.
- Save and preview your page to view the widget.
- Copy the HTML code the hit counter service provides.
- Clicking on the Widgets > Popular > HTML.
- Drag and drop the HTML Code Widget onto your page
- Paste the code into the HTML editor.
- Save and preview your page to view the hit counter.
Adding Google Analytics:
Another alternative is to use Google Analytics. We provide step-by-steps instructions for Google Analytics to your site here: Adding Analytics.