How do I add pictures to my site?
Adding pictures to your site is a great way to stand out. There are various ways you can add attractive images to your website.
Use the Picture Widget1. In the Sitebuilder, go to Widgets > Popular. Drag and drop a Picture Widget onto your page.
2. Next, you will have the option to select an image to upload from your computer or browse through the images that have already been uploaded to your File Manager.
3. After you have clicked on "Select", the picture will be added to your page and it will also be stored in your File Manager.
To edit your picture
The Picture Widget allows to you to customize the look of your image, create an alt text and set up a link. Please check out Editing Pictures for further information on how to use the integrated image editing tool, Aviary.
Use the Picture Gallery Widget
The Picture Gallery Widget give Yola users the opportunity to create a professional gallery without needing to upload and resize pictures individually. With this gallery, site visitors will be able to browse through attractive, clickable thumbnails – it’s perfect for any site’s portfolio!
To scroll through your gallery, site visitors simply click on the picture and click "Next" tab in the top right corner. To scroll back to the previous picture, click "Prev" in the top left corner.
Adding a gallery to your site is easy – here's how:
2. Upload a new image, or browse through the uploaded files in your File Manager.
- To upload a picture from your computer: Click on "Upload New Images". You will be able to browse your computer's folders to select a file to upload. Select the file, click "Open" and it will automatically be uploaded to your gallery.
- To add pictures that have already been uploaded: Click on "Browse Uploaded Images" and select the image from the File Manager. Select the uploaded picture file you want to add, click "OK" and the picture will be added to your gallery.
- To upload multiple pictures at the same time: Hold down "ctrl" (for PC users) or the "cmd" key (for Mac users), while clicking on the pictures you would like to upload. Click on "Select" in the bottom right corner to upload the images.
3. You can edit your gallery layout, margins and hover text by clicking "Edit" in the top left corner of the widget.
Use the Text Widget
Using the Text Widget allows you to insert a number of pictures in the same text box. You can add as many pictures in a row as your chosen style will support. Separate each picture by one or two spaces for the best results:
1. In the Sitebuilder, go to Widgets > Popular. Drag and drop a Text Widget onto your page.
2. Click on the "Add Image" button on the Text Editing Toolbar (the icon that looks like a mountain scene in a picture frame).
3. Once in the File Manager, select the image of your choice (as detailed in step 2 in the Picture Gallery Widget section above).
4. You will be able to wrap the text and pictures within the Text Widget by clicking on the picture you just added, and then clicking various Text Wrapping buttons on the Text Editing Toolbar.