FAQ: Managing your Yola subscriptions
How do I cancel my subscription?If you would like to cancel your hosting package subscription (Yola Bronze, Yola Silver or Yola Gold), please send an email from the login email address associated with your Yola account to email@example.com with your request.
You will receive an email from Yola support with a link to cancel your subscription. By clicking this link you will be taken to a form where you will be asked to fill out a few fields and confirm the cancellation of your hosting package subscription and any add-on subscriptions (e.g. Online Store) that you may have.
Once this is done your subscription(s) will be cancelled immediately, and will lapse on the expiry date.
You can cancel your Yola subscription at any time. There are three aspects to consider when doing this:
What happens if I cancel my subscription?
- Your hosting.
- Your domain (if applicable).
- Your Yola account.
When you purchased your domain it is registered to you until its expiry. Cancelling auto-renew does not cancel the domain - it simply means that when your domain is close to expiry, you will receive renewal notifications as opposed to it being renewed automatically. If you no longer wish to use your domain you can ignore those and your domain will expire naturally.
We advise you to keep your Yola account active, particularly if you have a domain. This ensures that you can still edit and publish your site to a Yola subdomain, and retain access to your domain's settings.
Please note: Cancelling your hosting subscription does not automatically cancel your domain subscription. These are done separately to each other.
How do I cancel my domain subscription?
- Log in to My Yola.
- Click on "Domains".
- Click on the "Cancel" link to the right of the domain you'd like to cancel.
- You will be asked to confirm that you want to turn your domain's auto-renewal, click "Turn off Auto-renew".
- Your domain's subscription, and any Yola Mail or domain privacy subscriptions, will be cancelled and will expire on its expiry date.
Please note: You will still receive renewal reminders before your domain is due to expire. If you would prefer not to renew your domain you can ignore these reminders and leave your domain to expire.
What happens to my sites if I cancel my hosting package?You will still have a Yola account and will be converted to a Yola Free account. You will also need to modify some account features (such as number of sites, storage space used, domain pointing, custom tracking) to meet the Yola Free quotas, before your cancellation period ends.
- Unpublishing from your custom domain.
- Deleting sites until you are within the two-site quota of Yola Free.
- Deleting files until you are within the storage limit of a Yola Free account (1GB per site).
- Deleting pages until you are within the 3 page limit required of a Yola Free account.
- Converting to a Yola Free style instead of using a Premium style.
As part of the Yola Free service, you can publish your sites to free Yola subdomains, but not to your custom domain(s).
Other changes that will occur when you cancel your subscription include:
- The Yola Link will reappear.
- Premium Support will no longer apply.