FAQ: Managing your Yola subscriptions
How do I cancel my subscription?To cancel your subscription, please contact us, and we will be able to assist you with this.
You can cancel your Yola subscription at any time. There are three aspects to consider when doing this:
What happens if I cancel my subscription?
- Your hosting.
- Your domain (if applicable).
- Your Yola account.
When you purchased your domain it is registered to you until its expiry. Cancelling auto-renew does not cancel the domain - it simply means that when your domain is close to expiry, you will receive renewal notifications as opposed to it being renewed automatically. If you no longer wish to use your domain you can ignore those and your domain will expire naturally.
We advise you to keep your Yola account active, particularly if you have a domain. This ensures that you can still edit and publish your site to a Yola subdomain, and retain access to your domain's settings.
Please note: Cancelling your hosting subscription does not automatically cancel your domain subscription. These are done separately to each other.
How do I cancel my domain subscription?
- Log in to My Yola.
- Click on "Domains".
- Click on the "Cancel" link to the right of the domain you'd like to cancel.
- You will be asked to confirm that you want to turn your domain's auto-renewal, click "Turn off Auto-renew".
- Your domain's subscription, and any Yola Mail or domain privacy subscriptions, will be cancelled and will expire on its expiry date.
Please note: You will still receive renewal reminders before your domain is due to expire. If you would prefer not to renew your domain you can ignore these reminders and leave your domain to expire.
What happens to my sites if I cancel my hosting package?You will still have a Yola account and will be converted to a Yola Free account. You will also need to modify some account features (such as number of sites, storage space used, domain pointing, custom tracking) to meet the Yola Free quotas, before your cancellation period ends.
- Unpublishing sites until you are within the two-site quota of Yola Free.
- Deleting files until you are within the storage limit of a Yola Free account (1GB per site).
As part of the Yola Free service, you can publish your sites to free Yola subdomains, but not to your custom domain(s).
Other changes that may occur when you cancel your subscription include:
- If you applied a style from the Premium Styles library, you will not be able to continue using this style and will be asked to renew your subscription when you next try to republish (Yola Silver and Yola Gold subscribers only).
- Number of sites: If you have more than two published sites, you cannot republish until you have unpublished some of your sites to get back to two site quota of the Yola Free service.
- You might need to delete some files from the File Manager, to keep within the Yola Free quotas.
- The Yola Link will reappear.
- Premium Support will no longer apply.