Adding a Facebook "Like" button
The Facebook Like button lets your visitors share content from your site with their friends, even when they're not on their Facebook page. Content that is shared and recommended between friends on social networks is generally more relevant than content recommended by strangers.
Here's how to add one to your site:
- The Facebook Like Widget is located in Widgets > More > Social. Drag and drop it onto your page.
Click Edit on the top-left corner of the widget, and you will see the following editing options:
- Margin: This is the spacing around the widget.
- Alignment: You can align the widget to the left, to the center, or to the right.
- URL to Like: This defaults to the page you add the widget to, and you can change this URL to another page of your site.
- Layout style: You can choose how the number of likes your page has had is displayed.
- Width: The width of the widget, in pixels.
- Show faces: You can select whether to show the profile picture of the visitors who have liked your page.
- Font: You can choose the font of your "Like" button - there are six options to choose from.
- Color Scheme: Choose the color of the like count and button.
- When you're finished setting up your button, click Save.
- Save your site, and then click on Publish to make your changes live.