Adding A Records
Here's how to add an A Record on your Yola-bought domain:
- Login to your Yola account and make sure you are on the "My Yola" page.
- Click on "Domains" and then click on "Advanced settings" for the domain you would like to edit.
- To access the A Record, click on "Change your DNS settings".
- To add an A Record, click on "Add DNS Record".
- Make sure that A is selected (you'll need to add two A Records if you would like your domain to work with 'www' and without):
- In the first A Record, leave the name blank and paste the IP address in the "Value" field.
- In the second A Record, add 'www' under the name and paste the IP address in the "Value" field.
- The original A Records will still remain but be overwritten.
- Click "Update" to make the changes.
Please note that it can take up to 48 hours for this change to fully propagate across the Internet (though usually a lot less).
Changing your domain settings can result in your site no longer working.