Uploading your own video
We don't currently have a tool that allows you to upload your video and play it on your Yola site. You will need to do a bit of HTML coding. These Google Search results provide suggestions that you may be able to use. Once you have the HTML code needed, you can add this to your site with an HTML widget.
If the HTML code needs to reference a file pathway for your video, the path to your file would similar to this: http://www.yoursite.com/resources/folder/file.mp4
- "http://www.yoursite.com" is your site's address.
- "resources" is the name of the File Manager (you must not change that).
- "folder" - if your file is in a folder, include the folder name.
- "file.mp4" is the name of your file.
Here's how to add the code to an HTML widget:
- Go to Widgets and select Popular from the drop-down menu.
- Drag and drop an HTML widget onto your page.
- The HTML Editor will open up, allowing you to paste in the code.
- Click Save.
Please keep in mind that while the code may work now, we cannot guarantee that it will continue to work in the future. Codes can become obsolete and/or conflict with the enhancements made to provide you with the best Sitebuilder possible.
You can also add a video to your site using YouTube or Metacafe widgets. Take a look at this tutorial for more information: How do I add a video to my site?.
Please ensure that you own the copyright to the video you will be playing.