Upload my own Video
We don't currently have a tool that allows you to upload your video and play it on your Yola site. You can, however, embed a video file to your site.
To embed a video file (.wmv, .wma, .swf, .flv, .mov, or .rm) into your site, please follow these steps:
- Locate the URL of your file (e.g., http://yourdomain.yolasite.com/resources/myfile.wmv).
- Go to freevideocoding.com.
- Select the media you want to post.
- Enter your media file location (the URL of your file).
- Select "Embed the Player".
- Click on "Make HTML" button.
- Highlight and copy the code provided.
- Drag and drop an HTML widget onto your site, and paste in the code.
- Click "Save".
You should see your video working!
Please note that there is a buffering period - the speed of this is dependent on the speed of your internet server.
You can also add a video to your site using the YouTube or Metacafe widgets. Take a look at this tutorial for more information: How do I add a video to my site?.
Please ensure that you own the copyright to the video you will be playing.