Getting started with Pinterest
Linking your Pinterest boards to your Yola site is a great way to get traffic to your website. Not only is it fun to share your favorite products, projects and inspirations and engage with your audience, but you can also add buttons to your Online Store which may help increase your sales. If you are not using the Online Store widget yet, check it out here: Online Store.
You can add a Follow Me and/or Pin It button using HTML coding. Pinterest offers their own Widget Builder which allows you to make these buttons and grab a code. Once you have the code, you can add to your HTML widget. Here's how:
- Go to Widgets.
- Select Popular from the drop-down menu.
- Drag and drop an HTML widget onto your page.
- Paste the code into the HTML Editor.
- Click Save.
Please keep in mind that while the code may work now, we cannot guarantee that it will continue to work in the future. Codes can become obsolete and/or conflict with the enhancements made to provide you with the best Sitebuilder possible.
Verify your domain
If you have a Yola Silver or Yola Gold subscription it is possible to verify your domain on Pinterest. This means that that your website shows the full URL on your profile and in search results. You can read more about it on the Pinterest Blog.
Follow the steps below to verify your domain on Pinterest:
- Log in to your Pinterest account.
- Change the URL to your account name e.g., http://www.pinterest.com/yola (replace "yola" with your login name).
- Click on the pen icon in the bottom-right corner of the banner (located at the top of the page).
- The "Edit Profile" screen will open up.
- Enter your Yola site's URL next to "Website" as: http://www.yourdomain.com (replace "yourdomain" with your domain name").
- Click Verify Website.
- Click the Verify with a meta tag link. This will display a meta tag which will look something like this: <meta name="p:domain_verify" content="9eb763b8a48d92e1e0386b355c220efc" />
- Copy the meta tag.
- Back on your Yola site, click Settings > Tracking.
- Paste the code into the "Header Code" section.
- Click Save Changes.
- Republish your Yola site.
- In your Pinterest account, you will see a checkmark next to your Yola site's URL to indicate that it is a verified website.
Please note: Only top-level domains such as your domain.com can be verified. If you are using a Yola subdomain (e.g., sitename.yolasite.com) you will not be able to verify it on Pinterest. Yola Bronze and Yola Free accounts do not have access to the Site Tracking Code feature.