Thumbnails that link to larger images
You have a few options when wanting to make your images bigger when clicking on thumbnail. The first way to achieve this is using the Picture Gallery Widget.
The Picture Gallery Widget can be found in Widgets > Popular. To add it to your page, follow these steps:
- Drag and drop a Picture Gallery Widget to your page.
- Upload the images you would like to use, or, search already uploaded images.
- Make adjustments to your Picture Gallery Widget, including alignment, margins and hover text by clicking "Edit" in the upper left hand corner of the widget.
Here is another way to achieve this:
- Upload the thumbnails (these are the small versions of your pictures) and the corresponding full-sized photos into the File Manager.
- Drag and drop a Text Widget on to your page.
- Add the thumbnails by clicking on the "Picture" button (the one with the mountain scene) on the Text Editing Toolbar.
- Click on the "Page" tab on the main menu.
- Click on the green "+" to add a new page.
- Name your page something logical like "photo1" and be sure that the "Display in Navigation" box is not checked. Your new and empty page will load up ready for you to add the corresponding photograph.
- To make the thumbnail link to the full-sized image, click on your thumbnail and click on the "Link" button (looks like a chain link with the word "Link" beside it) on the Text Editing Toolbar. The Link Editor will open up. It will allow you to create a link to the relevant page. Browse for the page you want and click "OK".
- Save and republish your site so that your changes will be reflected on your live site.
Alternatively, you could use Flickr Gallery. The Flickr Gallery Widget allows you to quickly and easily create a slick photo gallery with thumbnails that link to the larger images in your Flickr photostream. For more information on adding Flickr to your site, please click on this link: Flickr galleries.