I want to add links to other sites, how do I do that?
Links are extremely useful for helping people to navigate around your site. Links also help people to access other related websites to which you link, open a file or send an email. If you are going to have a successful website, it is vitally important that you learn how to create links.
Here's how to add links to your page:
- Drag and drop a Text Widget (located in Widgets > Popular) onto your page.
- In the Text Widget, type in the text that you want people to click on (this is your link text).
- Highlight the link text (in the first screenshot below the word "here" has been highlighted as an example).
- Then click on the "Link" button (it's the 10th button from the left in the Text Editing Toolbar, and looks like the chain link with the word "Link").
The Link Editor dialog box will open up and you will be given four options:
- Page in this site
- External link
- Email address
- File stored in this site
- Select the appropriate option.
- Click "OK" and you will now have a link on your page.