How to get the authorization code to transfer your domain to Yola
In order to transfer your domain to Yola so that we host your domain as well as your site, you will need to submit a transfer request. The full steps to transferring your domain are available on this tutorial: Transferring your domain to Yola. The information below will tell you how to get the authorization or EPP code from various popular domain registrars in order to get the process started.
A few notes:
- Your domain needs to have been registered for more than 60 days in order for it to be transferred.
- You will need to make sure your domain name is unlocked when you request the authorization code.
- Make sure you have access to the email address used to register the domain because this is where the authorization code will be sent.
- If you have privacy on your domain registration details, remove it as this may cause a problem with the delivery of the authorization code to your email address.
- Login to your GoDaddy account.
- Click on "Domain Manager" and click on the domain you would like to access.
- Click on "Manage" next to "Locked" and uncheck the box next to "Lock domains". Click on "OK".
- Click on "Send by email" next to "Authorization Code", click on "OK".
- An email will be sent to you with the authorization code that you can submit when you initiate a domain transfer with Yola.
To get the authorization code, you are required to contact their Support team telephonically.
- Log in and in the "Registered domains" row, click "Manage Domains".
- Click the domain you want to unlock.
- In the "Manage Domain" menu, click "General Settings".
- To retrieve the EPP key, click "Email Auth Code to Registrant".
- A message confirms that the authorization code has been emailed.
- To unlock the domain, go to the "Registrar-Lock" row and select "Disable", and then click "save".
- A message confirms that the update was successful.
- Login to your 123-Reg Control Panel
- Choose the domain you wish to transfer from the drop down menu under "Manage Domains" and click "Modify Domain".
- Simply click the "Request Auth Code" option and auth code will automatically be emailed to you.
- Log in to your account on the main 1and1 website at https://admin.1and1.com.
- Click on "Domains" under the "Basic Settings" menu.
- Tick the box next to the gTLD you are looking to transfer and "Lock/Unlock" from the "Transfers" menu.
- Choose "Unlock" and click "Save".
- You will be able to find your Auth code within the domain summary page for your domain. This can take up to 24 hours to populate correctly.
- From the "My Account" section, click the domain you wish to transfer.
- Click "Transfer away" from the "Manage Domain" menu.