How do I find out how many visitors I have had on my site?
Why should you add site analytics? A lot of people want to know how many people have been onto their site and tend to use hit counters. The information provided can be quite limited, and isn't as accurate as using analytics for your site.
Yola provides you with two analytic tools for free - SiteWit and Site Traffic.
SiteWit is a comprehensive tool that allows you to view the daily traffic to your site as well as build a Search Engine Marketing (SEM) campaign.
SEM means that you create ads that can display on other websites. For example, if your site is about janitorial services in Pasadena, you can create an ad with Google AdWords. That ad can then be displayed to potential customers through the Google AdWords network when people use your keywords. Because this is direct advertising, you pay for it, usually by Pay Per Click (PPC) or Cost Per Impression (CPI).
You can easily access your SiteWit statistics by doing the following:
- Login to your account.
- You need to ensure you have published your site first.
- Once you've published your site, go to your My Yola page. Hover over the "Site Traffic" tab along the top of your page and select "SiteWit".
- You will be taken to a page where you can create your free SiteWit account. Enter the details on the right-hand side and select "Continue to your free SiteWit account".
- Immediately, you will see your analytics dashboard where you can view your SEO stats and opt in to create campaigns to drive further traffic to your site.
- Once you've signed up, you can view the statistics of each site!
Site Traffic is Yola's own analytic feature which also allows you to view the amount of traffic your site is getting. In order to see this feature, log into your Yola account. Once you're logged in, click on "Site Traffic" along the top of your page.
If you have a Yola Free or Yola Bronze account, you will be able to view the total number of visits over the past 7 days. If you have a Yola Silver or Yola Gold account, you will be able to view the total number of visits and unique visitors by day over the last 30 days.
If you decide that you would rather add a hit counter, you can search for "free hit counter" and use a service like freecountercode.com. To embed one of these hit counters in your page:
- Copy the HTML code the hit counter service provides.
- Go to Widgets > Popular.
- Drag and drop the HTML Code Widget onto your page
- Paste the code into the HTML editor.
- Save and preview your page to view the hit counter.
Adding Google Analytics:
Another alternative is to use Google Analytics. We provide step-by-steps instructions for Google Analytics to your site here: Adding Analytics.