Adding text to your website
Adding text is often the starting point for getting your website up and running.
In Yola, you use the Text widget to add text to your site. Follow the steps below to add your text :
2. Go to Widgets.
3. Select Popular from the drop-down menu.
4. Drag and drop a Text widget onto your page where you would like to place the text.
5. Click inside the blue text box and start typing or paste your text. Important! If you paste text, please make sure that you follow these rules: Effects of copying and pasting from MS Word or an external source.
6. Use the Text Editing Toolbar to format your text. This toolbar looks like a toolbar you will have seen in any word processor you might have used and it displays across the top of your page whenever the cursor is in a Text widget.
7. If you need to stylize your text such as adding a different font color, size, or font-family, you can access these options by clicking on the Palette icon on your Text Editing Toolbar.
8. The Style Designer will open up, enabling you to customize the look of your text.
To edit the color:
- In the "Colors" section, click Paragraph Text.
- Use the Color Selector to choose the color you want to use or, if you know the Hex Code, enter it in the space provided below the color selector. You will see the text color change on the web page of your site.
- Click the "X" to save the changes and return to the Style Designer.
- Click Save when you're ready to close the Style Designer and return to the Sitebuilder.
To edit the font:
- In the "Font" section, click Paragraph Text.
- In the dialog box that opens up, click on the text on the right-hand to bring up the editing options:
- Font Family
- Font Size
- Text Decoration
- Letter Spacing
- Line Height
- Text Transform
- Click on the element you wish to edit to bring up the various options and select your desired option. The change will be reflected on your page.
- Click on the "X" in the top-right corner to save the change.
- When you're happy with the changes, click Save at the bottom of the Style Designer. The changes will apply to all your text on all your pages.
Please note: If you copy and paste directly from a program like MS Word the formatting of the text is very likely to affect or break your page. The best way to avoid this is to first copy and paste into a program like Notepad (you should find it in the accessories folder of your computer). This will strip out any unwanted formatting and you can then safely paste into the Text widget.