How do I add text to my site?
Adding text is often the starting point to getting your website up and running.
In Yola, you use the Text Widget to add text to your site. Follow the steps below to add your text :
- Open your site in the Sitebuilder.
- Go to Widgets > Popular > Text.
- Drag and drop a Text Widget onto your page where you would like to place the text.
- Click inside the blue text box and start typing or paste your text. Important! If you paste text, please make sure that you follow these rules : Effects of copying and pasting from MS Word or an external source.
- Use the Text Editing Toolbar to format your text. This toolbar looks like a toolbar you will have seen in any word processor you might have used and it displays across the top of your page whenever the cursor is in a Text Widget.
Please note: If you copy and paste directly from a program like MS Word the formatting of the text is very likely to affect or break your page. The best way to avoid this is to first copy and paste into a program like Notepad (you should find it in the accessories folder of your computer). This will strip out any unwanted formatting and you can then safely paste into the Text Widget.