When you sign up for a Yola account, you will be taken through the steps to create your first site quickly and easily!
To get started, simply click on the pink "Sign Up" button on the Yola website. Fill in your details, and, once done, click on "Create Account". Once you've signed up for your Yola account, you'll be taken through the site creation process.
- The first step is to choose a package that best suits your needs. If you're unsure, you can always start off with a Free account and then upgrade to one of our Premium packages when you're ready.
- Enter your business's name or a name for your site. If you're not sure, don't worry, you can always change it later!
- Choose a category that suits the type of website you are interested in building.
- Click on "Build it".
- Your site is ready! You can choose to add your address information to your site, preview your site or you can simply click on the "X" in the top-right corner to begin building.
- You'll see that your new site has a basic layout with some Text and Picture Widgets. Depending on the category you've selected, a variety of pages will be pre-selected for your site based on your Website Category selection.
- Now you can start adding your own content and pictures, as well as changing the default style. The style you select will be used on every page of your site and determine the "look and feel" of your pages. Some styles are available in different colors and have additional customization options, like the ability to change the background or banner image. Don't worry - changing your style only changes the appearance of your site - it won't affect your content! And, any custom banners that you've added will still be available in the File Manager, for you to apply to your new style.
- We have an extensive collection of tutorials to help you get started with adding content to your site. You can find them here: Basics - Getting Started.
- When you are happy with your site click the "Publish" button.
- From the publishing dialog box, you can now select to publish to a custom domain, a free Yola subdomain or a domain you already own (this is only available to Yola Bronze, Yola Silver and Yola Gold subscribers, and certain partner programs). To learn about the best choice for you please see Publishing Options. Once you make your selection, your site will be live on the internet!
Please note: You can create up to two sites with your Yola Free account and you will be able to repeat the steps above whenever you create a new site. So don't worry too much about making mistakes - you can always make changes or start fresh when you need to.
When you're ready to take your site to the next level with more storage space, editing options and a custom domain, consider upgrading to Yola Silver. Once you've got your site up and running, take a look at Yola Gold's SEO-focused features.