Creating subdomains with your Yola-bought domain
If you have a domain purchased from Yola you can create subdomains using the Advanced Domain Settings and setting up A records.
Please note: Changing your domain settings can result in your site no longer working. Please be sure you understand the consequence of the changes you are making.
- Log in to My Yola.
- Click on "Domains" and then click on "Advanced settings" for the domain you want to edit.
- To access the A records, click on "Change your DNS settings".
- To add an A record, click on "Add DNS Record".
- Select "A" from the drop-down menu for the first A record.
- Under "Name" add the subdomain you would like to use (e.g., "group").
- Under "Value" add Yola's IP address: 188.8.131.52
- Select "A" from the drop-down menu for the second A record.
- On the second A record, under "Name" add *.name (where "name" is your subdomain) and add the same IP address as the previous A record.
- Your subdomain is then available as "www.group.mysite.com" (replace "group" with your subdomain name).