Add a Site Search - Google Custom Search Engine
We do not currently have an integrated feature for site search, but you can try out products such as Google's Custom Search Engine.
It is important to note that Google's Custom Search Engine will not work if your site has not been indexed by Google so make sure you have submitted your sitemap to Google before you install this on your website. Here is a link to our tutorial which will step you through verifying your site with Google Webmaster and submitting a sitemap: Google Webmaster Tutorial. After you submit your sitemap to Google it can still take time for your site to be indexed.
If you would like to give this a try, here is a link to get started: Google Custom Search and some help for setting it up.
- Click "Create Custom Search Engine" button.
- You will need to follow through the steps to set it up such as a Name, Description and Keywords that describe the content of your site.
- In the field labeled "Sites to search", enter all the search engine URLs.
- If you want this to be a site search to only search your website put in your website address as such: http://mysite.yolasite.com (replace "mysite" with your domain name).
- The standard edition is free but will include some Google Ads; the Business Edition is $100 per year and will not include ads.
- Agree to the Terms of Service and click "Next".
- You will now be able to select the type of style you want as well as try out the search engine you have created. Remember, if your site hasn't been indexed by Google, you will not receive any results. After you have tested it click "Next".
- On this page, you will see a block of HTML code. If you wish for more advanced features, click on the links provided under "Next Steps". Once you are satisfied with the set-up, copy the entire block of code so you can add it to your website.
- Log in to the Sitebuilder.
- Drop the HTML Code Widget onto the page where you want the search box to appear.
- Paste the code into the space provided.
- Click "Save".
You should now see your Custom Search Engine. You will need to save your changed and "Preview" your site to see it work.