Online Store: Getting Started
Once you have signed up for the Online Store, the Online Store Wizard will take you through the steps to get started selling online.
The basic setup consists of five steps:
1. Click Add Products to start building your product catalog.2. On the product set dialog box, you can do the following:
- Upload your product image.
- Add your product name.
- Enter your price.
3. To add additional products, click Add more. Once you're done uploading your products, click Save.
Tip! You can edit the product’s category, options, images, tax and shipping information at a later stage.
For more ways to add products to your catalog using More powerful options, please visit our Online Store tutorials.
This step allows you to set up your country, currency, and preferred metric system.
1. Click Verifying your geo settings.
2. If the country and currency displayed are already correct, you can click Proceed to the next step.
3. If not, click Edit to update the settings.
4. You will be taken to a page to set up the country, currency, and/or weight.
Now that you've established your location and currency, you can set up your shipping. The Online Store supports shipping options worldwide and also gives you the flexibility to choose your shipping provider.
1. Click Setup shipping and pickup.2. You can determine if you require shipping or not. For this tutorial, we will say that you do want to set up shipping. Click Set up shipping.
- Custom flat rates
If the one you want is not listed, you can click on the advanced shipping options link.
4. We're going to select set custom flat rates.
5. To set up a flat rate shipping fee based on The World, enter the rate and click the Proceed to next step button.
Advanced shipping flat rates:
Should you require more options and flexibility, you can click the Advanced shipping options link. Click +Adding Shipping Method.
There are three different shipping calculations available:
- Carrier calculated: Automatically calculate costs based on carrier rate tables.
- Flat rate: Set a flat shipping rate, or specify free shipping.
- Custom table: Customize your shipping costs by weight, number of items, or cart total.
Shipping costs are generally calculated on weight and distance. To ensure you receive the correct carrier estimated cost of delivery for tangible products, you must configure your product weight correctly.
You're nearly done! The last big step you need to complete is how you wish to accept payments from your customers.
1. Click the Get Paid button.
2. The Online Store will have two default methods:
Congratulations on setting up your store! If you're looking for more tutorials, please visit our Online Store tutorials.