Yola Mail - configuring your mail to use Thunderbird
If you would like to use Thunderbird as your email program, then you need to configure it so that you can send and receive email.
- Open Thunderbird. If the Import Wizard window opens, select "Don't import anything", click "Next" and go to step 3. Note: This guide does not cover the "Import Settings and Mail Folder From" function.
Optionally, when you open Thunderbird, the default splash screen appears.
Click the "Create a new account" link.
If the "Thunderbird Mail - Local Folder" splash screen is not available to you, click the "Tools" menu and select the "Account Settings" option.
- Click the "Add Account" button.
- Select the "Email account" option and click "Next".
- Provide the following information:
- Type your name in the "Your Name" field.
- Type the email address given to you by your provider in the "Email Address" field.
- Click "Next".
- Select POP or IMAP by clicking on the option you want.
- Type the name of the incoming server given to you by your provider in the "Incoming Server" field.
- Select an option for "Use Global Inbox".
- Type the name of the outgoing server given to you by your provider in the "Outgoing Server" field and click "Next".
- Type your user or account name given to you by your provider in the "Incoming User Name" and "Outgoing User Name" fields and click "Next". (Remember, this is your full email address.)
- Type in a name or identifying description in the "Account Name" field and click "Next".
- Click "Finish". You now need to ensure that SMTP authentication is turned on.
- Click the "Tools" menu and select "Account Settings".
- Select "Outgoing Server (SMTP)" in the directory tree.
- Select the SMTP server for the account you just created and click the "Edit" button beside it.
- In the SMTP Server window, ensure the "Use name and password" checkbox is checked. If it is not, click it.
- If you had to click the checkbox, enter your user name in the "User Name" field. (Remember, this is your full email address.)
- Click "Ok" and then click "Ok" again.
You should now be able to send and receive mail.