Adding forms to your site with Yola's Form Widget
You can easily add your own customizable form within the Sitebuilder. The Form Widget is flexible and enables you to add needed information, and make communicating with your customers a valuable experience.
You have the option to choose a Contact Us or a Blank Form, which allows you to completely customize the form. You can add and delete, rename and move the location of your form fields.
When someone fills in your form, their message will be emailed to the email address that you use to log into your Yola account. You can easily change the address by clicking on the "Settings" link on your Yola Form Widget.
Yola forms include a CAPTCHA, which helps combat blank form submissions and spam. A CAPTCHA is a type of challenge-response test as an attempt to ensure that the response is generated by a person. A common type of CAPTCHA requires the user to type letters or digits from a distorted image that appears on the screen. The CAPTCHA is added to your form automatically, but you can remove it easily in the "Edit" menu.
Here's how to add, customize and edit your Yola Form Widget.
2. Drag and drop the Form Widget onto your page.
3. You have the option to choose a Contact Us or a Blank Form. Both forms allow you to add and delete, rename and move the location of your form fields.
4. You can edit the form settings at any time by clicking on "Edit" on the upper-left hand corner of your Form Widget.
5. To change the name of a field, click on the field name. You can delete the default text and add in your custom field name if you wish. You can also add default text to the text fields that your user will fill in.
7. To delete a field click on the red "x" in that particular field.
8. To move a field to another position on the form and drag and drop it up or down on the form. You can also use the blue dotted arrows below the red "x" to move the fields.
9. To add another field to your form, click on the "Add new field" drop down list. You have the choice to add "Single Line Text", "Multi Line Text", Multiple Choice", "Checkboxes", "Choose from a list", "Text" and "Spam Protector (Captcha)". Once again all these fields are customizable to suit your form needs.
10. Under the "Settings" tab is a field for editing the email address the form submissions are sent to, as well as a customizable completion message. This is the message that your site visitor will see after successfully submitting your form.
11. Once you are done customizing your form, click on "Save".
12. Click on "Preview" to preview what your form will look like once it is published.
If you're happy with your form, republish your site to make it live.