What should the size of the background image be?
Although you can use any size for a background image, if your image is too narrow you may get a tiling effect. The height of the image is less of an issue as your page will expand based on how much content you add to it.
Try an image of 1500-1700 pixels in width to avoid tiling.
You may be interested in these background image generators:
- The Tartan background pattern generator: tartanmaker.com
- Stripe generator: stripegenerator.com
- Ribbon generator: quickribbon.com
- Palette generator (generates a palette based on a pic) if you want to match your background to a color on a pic: bighugelabs.com
- Gradient Image maker: tools.dynamicdrive.com/gradient
- BG Patterns: bgpatterns.com
- Eos Development: eosdev.com
- Hex color generator: cloford.com
Please visit our tutorial for more information on Personalizing your Style.