Using the Column Divider Widget
An alternative option to the Layout button is the Column Divider Widget (located in the Widgets menu). It's a great way to change the look and design of your page. You can add widgets inside the two columns, or even more Column Divider Widgets inside one of the columns to create even more columns!
The center divider of the Column Divider Widget can be dragged to the left or right to change the size of the columns. You can also edit the margins by clicking on the "Margin" link on the top left-hand corner of the widget. This will open up a screen that allows you to adjust the margins. You can adjust the margins individually by entering the value desired into each box in the diamond formation (top, right, bottom, left). You can also have your margins be created equally on all sides by dragging the slider to the right to increase the margin size and to the left to decrease it.
It is a good idea to create margins so that content from the different columns doesn't appear to "run together" on the page. Click "Save" to return to the Sitebuilder.
You can easily create more than two columns by following these steps:
- Click on Widgets > Popular.
- Drag and drop a Column Divider Widget onto your page.
- Then drag and drop another Column Divider Widget inside it.
- Drag the blue center axis to resize the columns to the desired width.
- Drop additional widgets inside the columns to add content, for example a Text Widget if you wish to write, a Picture Widget if you wish to add a picture.