Uploading and adding files
One of the key tasks you will need to become familiar with when building a website is managing your files. Yola's File Manager makes this easy for you!
Here are the steps to upload a file to your site:
2. Click on the "Upload Files" button on the bottom left of the File Manager dialog box.
3. Browse your computer's folders for the file you would like to upload and click on "OK" to upload it.
4. Once uploaded, you can click on the red "x" on the top right of the file upload dialog box to close it.
5. To add the file to your page, drag-and-drop a relevant widget (e.g., the Picture Widget) onto your page.
6. Click on "Browse Uploaded Pictures" in the dialog box that opens.
7. Choose the picture you would like to see displayed on the page.
8. Click on "Select" to add it to the page.
You can select multiple files to upload by following one of these options:
- Zip up your files and upload it to the File Manager; then right-click on the file and choose to unzip it.
- When browsing your computer for files to upload, hold down the Shift or Ctrl keys to select more than one file to upload.
For more information on how to use our File Manager we have a more detailed tutorial here: File Manager.