Tutorial: Adding the Google +1 button
Adding the +1 button to pages on your Yola site lets visitors recommend your content, knowing that their friends and contacts will see their recommendation when it’s most relevant—in the context of Google search results. Content recommended by friends and family is generally more relevant than content from strangers. For example, your friends may have the same taste in music as you do, have their finger on the social pulse, or know where the best shopping bargains are to be had - and so you'll visit websites that they +1.
For more information about +1, and how it improves your SEO, visit: http://www.google.com/webmasters/+1/button/.
Here's how to add the Google +1 button to your Yola site:
- Click Widgets.
- Select Social from the drop-down menu.
- Drag and drop the Google +1 widget onto your page.
- Click Edit on the top-left corner of the widget to edit the layout, margin, alignment and language of the button. You can also choose whether to display the number of people who have clicked the button, as well as the URL of the +1.
- When you are finished, click Save.
- Save your site, and then click Publish to make your changes live.