Online Store: Set up your shipping
The Online Store supports shipping options worldwide, and also gives you the flexibility to choose your shipping provider. There are three different shipping calculations available:
- Flat rate: Set a flat shipping rate, or specify free shipping.
- Custom table: Customize your shipping costs by weight, number of items or cart total.
- Carrier-calculated: Automatically calculate costs based on carrier rate tables.
ZonesBefore setting up shipping, you will want to create destination zones. Destination zones are used for shipping rules that apply to a specific geographical area. For example, if you would like to create two different shipping rates, one for your country and one for all other countries, you need two zones, one with only your country and the other one with all other countries.
To create a destination zone:
1. In your Sitebuilder, go to Menu. Click on the Store icon.
2. Go to Settings > Zones.
3. Click New Zone.
4. Enter a name for the zone, i.e. United States.
5. Click Add Country.
6. Select the country/countries from the list.
7. Click Add Countries.
8. Click Save.
To add a shipping method:
1. Go to Settings > Shipping > Shipping Methods.
2. Click the New Shipping Method button.
3. Select the shipping region:
- Use "The World" to create a shipping method for any location
- Select a specific region to create shipping for a specific Destination Zone
5. Complete the steps provided, such as "Choose a carrier" or "Set a shipping rate & delivery speed".
6. Follow the prompts to complete the set up.
7. To activate the shipping option, click Save & Finish.
8. Click Save on the Shipping page.
Shipping costs are generally calculated on weight and distance, so if you are selling a tangible product, it is important to configure your product weight correctly. This will ensure you receive the correct carrier-estimated cost of delivery.
You also need to indicate where the products will be shipped from by clicking the Origin Address tab. When you’re finished, click Save.