Online Store: Selecting your payment gateway
The Online Store integrates with a large number of payment gateways. Here is the full list:
Once you have your account set up, you can add a payment method, or edit existing payment methods, in Settings > Payment.
Adding a payment gateway:1. Go to Settings > Payment.
2. In the Payment Processor column of the method you'd like to update, click Change.
3. Choose the payment type you'd like to accept.
4. Select the gateway you'd like to use.
5. Enter your gateway account information as required.
6. Enable your gateway.
7. Click Save.
1. Go to Settings > Payment.
Adding a PayPal Express payment method
2. On the Payment page, click PayPal Express Checkout.
2. Enter the API details in the fields provided.
3. Enable your gateway.
Adding customer instructions
A customer note is always shown on the next line of the payment method name, and it’s a neat way of adding extra information to your payment methods. A good example of this is if you'd like to work on a Cash on Delivery (COD) basis. Because there isn't a COD payment option, you can simply add this information underneath your preferred payment method.
You can use only plain text in your notes, no HTML is allowed. To add a note, click on "Instruction for customer" next to the relevant payment method on the Payment page.
- Example: The first line, e.g. payment name: "Check".
- The second line note: "COD: Please pay on delivery".
There are three different types of offline methods:
- Offline Basic: This processor doesn't ask for any details, it just saves the entered order data.
- Offline Check: Asks for an Owner's full name, Checking account number and Bank routing number.
- Offline Purchase Order: Asks for a PO number, Company name, Buyer's full name and Job position.
You then need to process this information, and once payment goes through, you can fulfill the customer's order.