Online Store: Selecting your payment gateway
The payment method options are extremely varied and give you absolute control over what types of payments you accept. Not only that, but you can also accept non-typical payment methods, such as a check or a fax order. Payment methods fall into two different categories:
Adding a payment gateway:1. Go to System Settings > Payments.
2. In the Payment Processor column of the method you'd like to update, click Change.
3. Choose the payment type you'd like to accept.
4. Select the gateway you'd like to use.
5. Enter your gateway account information as required.
6. Enable your gateway.
7. Click Save.
Adding a PayPal Express payment method
2. Enter the API details in the fields provided.
3. Enable your gateway.
Adding customer instructions
A customer note is always shown on the next line of the payment method name, and it’s a neat way of adding extra information to your payment methods. A good example of this is if you'd like to work on a Cash on Delivery (COD) basis. Because there isn't a COD payment option, you can simply add this information underneath your preferred payment method.
You can use only plain text in your notes, no HTML is allowed. To add a note, click on "Instruction for customer" next to the relevant payment method on the Payment page.
- Example: The first line, e.g. payment name: "Check".
- The second line note: "COD: Please pay on delivery".
There are three different types of offline methods:
- Offline Basic: This processor doesn't ask for any details, it just saves the entered order data.
- Offline Check: Asks for an Owner's full name, Checking account number and Bank routing number.
- Offline Purchase Order: Asks for a PO number, Company name, Buyer's full name and Job position.
You then need to process this information, and once payment goes through, you can fulfil the customer's order.