The New Text Widget
Accessing the Text Widget
- Open the site in the Sitebuilder.
- Go to Widgets > Popular > Text.
- Drag and drop the Text Widget onto your page where you would like to add the text.
- The Text Widget will open up and you can type or paste text into the text area.
Using the features of the Text Editing Toolbar:
Undo / Redo
Make text boldHighlight the text that you want to make bold and click on the B. The highlighted text will become bold.
Italicize textItalicize any text that is highlighted when you click on this icon.
Add links to text
Text alignmentThe options to align the text on your site are Left, Center or Right. Each alignment option has it's own icon. If you want to change the text's alignment, highlight it and click on on of the icons. You will see the text adjust to the new alignment you have chosen.
Format paragraph text
- “Paragraph” is the default setting. It takes the default text from the Style Designer’s paragraph settings. You can use this option when you have changed the paragraph to one of the other settings and want to change it back to the normal text.
- The other options, Heading 2 to Heading 6, changes the paragraph’s font to the settings that was set up in the Style Designer. See the link above to see how to set up the Heading fonts.
Format a Blockquote
- The paragraph indents automatically to the right
- There is a vertical line to the left of the text.
- The text becomes italicized.
Add a bulleted list of items
Add a numbered list
Indenting and Outdenting text
- Indenting allows you to shift a paragraph of text so that it is not left aligned with the rest of the text on the page.
- Outdenting moves an indented paragraph back to the original position before it was indented.
Adding a Picture
- Place the cursor where you would like to add the picture.
- Click on the the “Image” icon - it looks like a picture in a frame, on the Text Editing Toolbar.
A screen will open up with a few ways in which to add a picture:
- Upload a new images from your computer.
- Use a picture that you have already added to your site. Browse Uploaded Image.
- Find Stock Images from a wide selection of pictures from the Fotolia Image Library for a professional look.
- Follow the steps to add the picture to your site, depending on which option you selected. This will place the picture in the Text Widget.
- Click on the picture. This will show the “handles” - the white blocks at the picture’s corners and along the sides and top.
- Click on any of the “handles” and drag it to make it smaller or larger. The text will move to accommodate the change in size of the picture.
Wrapping text around the picture
- Click on the picture. This will highlight it.
In the Text Editing Toolbar, you will see two icons to the right of the Image icon. These will not be highlighted if you have not clicked on the picture.
- Click on the “Float Left” icon to place the picture to the left. The text below it will move to the right of the picture.
- Click “Float Right” to put the picture on the right and the text on the left.