My uploaded favicon doesn't display
Are you using Internet Explorer?
Please note that Internet Explorer doesn't support displaying favicons next to your URL or on the tab or the window when you open the site. The favicon will only be displayed if the site is bookmarked and in your Favorites folder. However, Firefox displays the favicon in the address bar, the tab or window and in your bookmarks menu. Unfortunately this is browser behavior over which we have no control.
While the site builder does have a favicon (logo in the browser) generator built into the side bar it does not create a cross browser favicon.
To create one that is cross browser compatible please follow the steps listed below:
- Visit this site.
- Browse your computer for the image that you want to apply as your favicon
- Click the "Create Icon" button
- After your favicon has been generated, click the "Download favicon" button
- Save it to your computer
- Upload it to your file manager
- Copy the following code listed in Bold, and paste it in an HTML widget <link rel="shortcut icon" href="resources/favicon.ico">
- Publish your site.