There are several options that you can use to add music to your site. Please read through our options and select the one that best suits you:
You can add music using Yola's MP3 Player:
- Drag and drop the MP3 Player Widget located in Widgets > Media.
- You can upload your audio file either directly from your computer or from your File Manager.
- Save and republish your site.
You can also add music by using Google Gadgets:
- Click on Widgets > More > Misc.
- Drag and drop the Google Gadgets Widget onto your page.
- A dialog box will open.
- Click on the "Google Gadgets" link on the bottom-right of the screen and you will be taken to the widget gallery.
- Browse for the MP3 Player you want and click on "Add to your webpage".
- Customize your settings and add your music URL (further instructions below). Once completed, click on "Get the code".
- Copy the HTML code given and paste this (using right-click>paste or CTRL-v) into the Google Gadgets dialog box in your Sitebuilder.
- Click on "Save".
How to locate the music URL?
To play a song that you've uploaded to your site using one of the above widgets, edit the settings so that the URL looks like: http://mysite.yolasite.com/resources/song.mp3
- Replace "mysite" with the name of your published site.
- Replace "song.mp3" with the name of the music file you've uploaded.
- Remember to include any folder names in the file path if your file is stored in a folder in the File Manager. For example, if you have music folder: "resources/music/song.mp3".
You can also add external MP3 players to your site if they provide you with an HTML code to embed into your site. Here are some MP3 player suggestions:
- Go to Widgets > Popular.
- Drag and drop the HTML Code Widget onto your page.
- In the HTML Editor that opens up, paste in your code.
- Click "Save".
Please ensure that you own the copyright to the music you will be playing.