I want people to be able to comment on my site. How do I add comments?
Allowing others to leave their comments on your website, or sign a guestbook can be fun, as well as giving you great insight into the types of visitors your site receives!
For a simple comments feature on your site, you can use one of the following two options:
Disqus Comment Box
- To get the comment code, your site needs to be published.
- Please go to Disqus.com and register for an account by clicking on "login".
- Click on "Create an account".
- Sign in using Twitter or Google or with your email address.
- Fill out your information.
- Click on the "+Add" button next to "Your Sites".
- Fill out the details for your site and click on "Continue".
- Click on "Universal Code".
- Highlight the code in the box and copy.
- Go to your page in your Sitebuilder.
- Drag and drop the HTML Code Widget onto your page.
- Paste the code into the HTML Editor.
- Click "Save".
HTML Comment Box
- First log in to your Google account. If you do not have one, then you can create a free Google account here.
- Then go to the Html Comment Box.
- In the blue box, click on "Log in".
- You will be taken to your Google email account.
- Enter your login information.
- Once completed you will be taken back to the HTML Comment box site.
- Please select the options you want available (found in the blue box).
- Copy the code you see in the green box.
- Go to your site, drag and drop the HTML Code Widget onto your page.
- Paste the code you just copied into the HTML Editor.
- Click "Save".
- Save and republish your site to see your comment box working.