How do I let people comment on my blogposts?
Please note: The blog feature has been discontinued as of 15 August 2012. However, users who signed up prior to that date will still be able to create and edit blog pages.
Many people like to encourage participation on their blog by allowing visitors to leave comments.
Right now Yola does not have its own comments widget, but we have integrated with a third-party service, Disqus (pronounced "discuss"). You can use this service if you want to enable comments on your blog.
Here are the steps for adding Disqus to your Yola site:
2. Navigate to your blog page in the Sitebuilder.
3. Click on the "Blog Manager" button at the top of the blog page.
4. Click on the "Settings" tab.
5. Click on "Login".
6. Click on "create an account".
7. Sign in using Twitter or Google or with your email address.
8. Fill out your information.
9. Click on the "+Add" button beside Your Sites.
10. Fill out the details for your site and click on "continue".
11. Click on "Universal Code".
12. Highlight the code in the 1st box and copy.
13. Go to your Settings page and paste in the code in the dialog box provided.
14. Click "Done".
To check if it's working, go to your preview page and click on your blog post title. The comment box will display below the blog post.
You only need to add the code to your site once, and the comment feature will be enabled for all of your posts. You can then login to your Disqus account to moderate any comments.
Please note: The comment box will only show up on your published site when you click on one of your post titles and scroll to the bottom of the post.