How can I track inventory with the Basic PayPal eCommerce Widgets?
The Basic PayPal e-commerce Widgets don't have this feature. However, you can add PayPal buttons connected to your inventory by customizing your settings on PayPal. Here are the steps:
- Sign into your PayPal account.
- Click the "Merchant services" tab in the horizontal menu.
- Click the "Buy Now Button" or the "Add to Cart Button".
- Choose button type and enter name and payment details.
- Click the "Track inventory" tab.
- Check the "Track inventory" box.
- Enter the "Item ID" and input your quantity and alert quantity.
- When you are done editing click "Create Button".
- In the next window and in the (Website) code box click the "Select Code".
- Right click on the highlighted text and click "Copy".
- Open your site in the Sitebuiler and drag and drop the HTML Code Widget onto your page.
- Paste the code into the space provided.
- Save your changes and click "Publish" to make them live.
This will ensure that your product is never oversold, as well as give you an email letting you know when your stock gets low.
Alternatively, consider the Yola Online Store. With a range of management features from order management to stock management, the Yola Online Store is scalable, flexible and powerful. The Yola Online Store is an integration with Ecwid - a leading and established e-commerce platform provider. You can read more about Ecwid here: http://www.ecwid.com.
To read more about what the Yola Online Store can do for your business, take a look at our FAQ and Getting Started tutorial.