How can I change my navigation font color, size or location?
With Yola Free, the font size, color and location of the navigation is set by the style you've chosen and cannot be changed. You do have the option to create your own navigation using either text links or image links though. Here is more information on how to do this:
- You can take your pages out of your menu. To do so, click on Page > Navigation.
- Next to the names of the pages you wish to remove, click on the green checkmark (it will change to a red "X"). This will hide the page.
- Create your own text links in a Text Widget and place them where you'd like this new navigation to show up.
- This can be done by adding text, highlighting it and clicking on the link button on the Text Editing Toolbar and linking to the specific page on your site. You can then edit the text links using the Text Editing Toolbar to appear the way you would like.
If you want to make your own buttons for a custom navigation, you will need to create the button, and then link it to the specific page on your site.
There are quite a few banner/button making programs on the internet if you would like to create your own. One popular program is Banner Maker Pro (this is not a free program, but they do have a free trial available).
You can then link the button like this:
- Add the button to your page, using the Picture Widget.
- Click on "Edit" in the top left corner of the Picture Widget.
- Click on "Choose a Link" (under the heading "Link") and make your selection; you will be able to choose to link to a page in your site, an outside URL, an email address or a file.
- Click on "OK".
To check that your link is working, preview your page and then click on the link.
We have two tutorials that will help in explaining this process:
Please note that the navigation is a feature of the style you select. If it is not working for you, you may need to consider changing styles. To take a look at the styles available to you, click on the Style menu at the bottom of your Sitebuilder. To view the features of each style, simply hover over the thumbnail image.
If you'd like more control over your site's design, you can upgrade to Yola Silver. Yola Silver offers you the best value, total website building and hosting solution for your business site. Upgrading to Yola Silver gives you access to the Site CSS and submenu features, as well as unlimited Premium Styles. This means you can make these changes, add second-level menus easily and you also have access to a wider range of styles! For more information about Yola Silver, click here: Yola Silver