Domain is configured, but it is going to a placeholder page. Help!
You have configured your domain to point to Yola, but when you try to access it, all you get is a placeholder page. Don't worry, you can fix this easily!
One possible reason is that you have not created both your A records correctly in the control panel of your domain registrar.
You need to set up two A records for your domain to work:
- Some domain registrars require one A record with the hostname "@" and one with the hostname "www".
- Other domain registrars allow you to create one hostname called "domain.com" and another "www" (replace "domain" with your own address).
- Both should point to our IP address: 220.127.116.11.
If you require assistance with this, please contact your domain registrar for support.
If you are sure that your DNS settings are 100% correct, it could be that you simply need to proceed to the final step of publishing your site to your own domain. You can do so as follows:
- In the Sitebuilder, click "Publish".
- Select "Use a domain you previously purchased", and select "Use a domain hosted elsewhere" from the drop-down menu.
- Click "Next".
- Enter your domain name and follow the prompts to publish your site.
If your site is already published, you need to assign your domain to your site.
- Go to the My Yola Dashboard.
- Click on "Domains" in the menu.
- Under the section "Add a domain you already own", click on "Want to keep your domain registered with another registrar?"
- Enter your domain name.
- Select which site you want to use this domain for.
- Click on "Add".
If your domain is still redirecting to your .yolasite.com address, follow the steps on this link: My domain is redirecting to my Yolasite subdomain.
Please note: You will need to be a Yola Bronze, Yola Silver or Yola Gold subscriber, or be part of certain partner programs, in order to publish your pointed domain to your site. Upgrading allows you to publish to an unlimited number of pointed domains, as well as giving you access to features such as editable site CSS and access to all the Premium Styles.
To upgrade your subscription, log in to your Yola account and click on the "Upgrade" button in the top-right corner and follow the steps to purchase an upgrade.
If you are still having problems getting your site up and running, submit a request to support.