Display # of comments made on your Disqus platform
If you want to create a link that displays the number of comments you have for a particular blog post, please follow these steps:
- Log into your Disqus account.
- Click on "Dashboard" on the top-right of the page.
- Under "Your Sites", click on your site's name.
- Open the "Settings" tab (located on the far right).
- Click "Install".
- Select "Universal Code".
- Copy the code provided under the heading "How to display comment count".
- On your blog page, drag and drop the HTML Code Widget at the bottom of your blog page.
- Paste the code into the HTML Editor.
Go to your blog post and click on the HTML button. At the end of your post content, add the code given in #4 which looks like this:
- <a href="http://example.commy_article.html#disqus_thread">Comments</a>
- Replace http://example.com/my_article.html with your blog post URL.
- This would be something like: http://yoursitename.yolasite.com/yourblogpagename/yourblogposttitle.
- Click on "OK".
- You should see the number of comments you have for that blog post.
- Follow the above steps for each blog post where you want to display the number of comments.