Configuring your domain bought from LCN.com
If you have a domain you bought from LCN.com and would like to use it to publish your site, follow the instructions below.
Please note: you will need to upgrade to a Yola Bronze, Yola Silver or Yola Gold account or be a part of one of our partner programs in order to publish to a domain pointing to Yola, or transfer your domain to Yola.
- Log in to your LCN account.
- Click on the domain name you would like to edit.
- Scroll down and click on "DNS Management" on the left hand side (underneath "Manage Domain").
- You will need to have two A records setup with hostnames "domain.com" and "www" (replace "domain.com" with your own address). Both must point to 126.96.36.199.
- Click on "Update" and wait for the required 24 hours for the change to be made.
Once you have configured your DNS settings:
- In the Sitebuilder, click on "Publish".
- In the "Already own a domain?" section, click on "Point your domain now".
- Enter your domain name. If the domain is correctly set up, it will say "Congratulations. Your domain is pointed!". If your domain is not correctly configured, it will say "Sorry. This domain is not pointed correctly". You will need to go back to your domain registrar and double-check your settings.
- Click on the "Next" button to publish your domain.
If your site is already published to a subdomain, follow these steps:
- Go to My Yola page.
- Click on "Domains".
- Under "Add a domain you already own", select "Want to keep your domain registered with another registrar?"
- Type your domain name into the required field, and select the site you'd like to use it with.
- Click "Add".
- Follow the steps provided.
- To make sure that your .yolasite.com address is not the primary domain, follow the steps on this link: My domain is redirecting to my Yolasite subdomain.